Most of our centre’s research teams are located in Sophia Antipolis in Alpes-Maritimes, 8 km from Antibes, 12 km from Cannes and 28 km from Nice. Some teams are established in Montpellier.
This page contains information on how to reach the research centre.
- Nearest international airport is Nice-Côte d’Azur (20 km)
- Regular shuttles from the airport (Terminal 1) to Sophia Antipolis by bus: Line 230 – bus stop “Inria”
- GPS : 43.61619N (43°36’58”) – 7.06786E (07°04’04”)
- From Marseille-Aix by the A8 motorway (Vinci), take the exit Antibes-Grasse-Sophia Antipolis, direction Sophia Antipolis.
- From Nice by the A8 motorway (Vinci), take the exit Antibes-Sophia Antipolis, direction Sophia Antipolis (the road on the right just after the toll).
- The closest railway station is located in Antibes.
- Regular shuttles from Antibes SNCF railway station to Sophia Antipolis by bus with Envibus:
- Lines 1 – 11 – Bus stop “Inria”
- Line 9 – Bus stop “IUT”
- Express line: 100 – Bus stop “Templiers” (5mn walking distance from Inria) – Fare ticket: 1€
By public transport (Fare ticket: 1€)
- From Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport : Line 230 (only in french) – Bus stop “Inria”
- From Nice-Ville : Line 230 (only in french) – Bus stop “Inria”
- From Cannes SNCF railway station (with transfer) Line 230 – Stop “Gare routière Sophia Antipolis” then take Line 1-11 (Bus stop “Inria”) or 9 (Bus stop “IUT)”
- From Antibes : Envibus Lines:
- Lines 1 – 12 – Bus stop “Inria”
- Line 9 – Bus stop “IUT”
- Express line 100 – Bus stop “Templiers” (5mn walking distance from Inria)
- Bus map
- From Nice Côte d’Azur airport about 20 minutes (appr. 55€)
- Transfert Service (English spoken) +33 (0) 6 09 50 92 53
- Taxi Sophia +33 (0) 6 27 51 01 51
- Centrale Orange Taxi +33 (0) 820 906 960
- Motorbike transport: +33 (0) 6 58 79 81 31
- see also: http://www.cote-azur.com.fr
Nice Cote d’Azur Airport offers a choice of several car ental companies (Terminal 2).
- The sites of the general council and metropolitan Sophia Antipolis (CASA) quickly put drivers and passengers wanting to share a ride into contact…
Nice is well-connected and easily accessible by plane, train, and car.
Nice is served by the Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (IATA code: NCE), an intercontinental airport, the third busiest one in France and just less than 6 km away from the city center.
The airport is located on the western end of the Promenade des Anglais (Nice’s seafront avenue) . Buses go between the airport and the Nice-Ville railway station (route 99) and Nice-Riquier railway station (route 98). The Nice-Saint-Augustin train station is near the airport (15 minutes by foot).
The Nice-Ville train station is on the Marseille-Genoa train line. It is served by TGV (the French high-speed train) with many connections per day to and from Marseille, Lyon, Paris, and other destinations. Schedule information can be found on the website of SNCF. Daily inexpensive train connections between Nice and Italy are also provided by Thello.
Nice is on European route E 80 and can thus be reached from France through the A8 (“La Provençale) motorway and from Italy through the A10 motorway (“Autostrada dei fiori”).